Sunday, June 9, 2013

Food Mills: which works best? hand or Kitchen Aid attachment?

Canning Season is almost upon us.  One thing that I have put off getting is a food mill.  It will make prepping tomatoes for homemade sauce so much easier! In past years I have hand peeled all of my tomatoes.
I can't decide between and hand crank version or the attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.  What do you think?  What do you use to process tomatoes or apples?

Amazon has Victorio VKP250 Model 250 Food Strainer and Sauce Maker on sale today for 51.58, normally 69.99.  Amazon deals don't last long, so get it now if you are interested.

Otherwise the parts to make the grinder attachment into a food strainer for the Kitchen Aid attachment  is on sale today from 64.99 down to 47.00. 



 What do you think?  What do you use to process tomatoes or apples?


No comments:

Post a Comment